Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankfulness is a Constant Verb

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, 
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, 
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17

 For the longest time now, I've been trying to figure out what I am most thankful for for this Thanksgiving season. And it has come to this: I am most thankful for who God IS. I know this is late, but that's because until now I haven't been able to figure it out. I wanted something specific, with depth, something not ordinary or lamely original that everyone posts on Facebook, such as, "I am thankful for all my family and friends and those that love me." This really gets old when you've seen it for the hundredth time all worded almost exactly the same as any other. I realize a lot of people are thankful for the same thing and it's just personal for each person, and to not be too harsh and critical, but there is a different point that unnerves me that is the true reason. 

  • When was the last time you saw someone post about why they're thankful or because of whom they are thankful? People end their thankfulness with it flying in the wind, letting the world know what they are thankful for, but never consider the reason behind what they have and who they have. 
        It's frustrating to see the world so absorbed with themselves resulting in a shallow life. They are missing out on the many blessings that would show them what they are truly missing rather than being deceived by a lifeless life that is missing God. 


  • The second thing is if people live every day as thankful as they are on one day of the year. I realize this is a really hard thing to do as we are so caught up in life. Even I have trouble with this. But may I offer this as a daily challenge? And not a struggle? 
        We tend to reflect about all we're thankful for on one day as well, and some more so than others if you take it more seriously. For some, it's enough to just bring to the forefront what we know to be thankful for like robots when really never truly contemplating anything. So my question is, are we truly appreciative of all we mention? Of all we live with and what we own? 


I strongly believe that true thankfulness is:


 Living a Godly life...
 in which we serve Him (not ourselves) in anything and everything...
Giving all the glory and Honor to Him...
Praising Him even throughout the storms...
Thanking Him in prayer for our life daily...

 To put it simply, if you are truly thankful,...


You will live a life that is for God in response to Him being the reason that you live. 




2 comments:

  1. Love this, Love this! Love you sister.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly thankful to have such a wonderful cousin as you! You are such a wonderful example of God's love and His spirit!
    I love you....MORE!!!!

    ~Stef

    ReplyDelete